Jackson Chapel is part of Capitol Area South District and
the West Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Jackson Chapel United Methodist Church
Grove City, Ohio
The congregation of Jacksdn Chapel formed in 1850. Rev. James Rose held meetings in the house of William Breckenridge. Once the schoolhouse in District Three (Hopewell) was built the meetings moved there. In 1859, Jackson Chapel was built at a cost of about one thousand dollars. Part of that building remains today at the corner of White Road and Jackson Pike (SR-104). It is the second oldest congregation in Jackson Township.
In 1995, the church celebrated the Festival of Windows at the conclusion of a major renovation. The Gothic stained glass has been described as a jewel box for its magnificent windows designed by Michael Whapham of the Franklin Art Glass company.